So I love stories. Here's one you may or may not enjoy.
So I have a girl from camp this summer that I keep in touch with pretty much every day and she's been trying super hard to get me to meet her brother. So of course, that'd be fun.. I like meeting new people. So long story short, he got my number and we started talking to set up a time to meet etc. We decided to make a smoothie (which ended up delicious, btw) and then we'd go hang out w/ his people at the hot tub. Naturally, I called my mom right away to tell her about the plans we made and hope that she's proud of me for being social (hehe). We were talking about how we both hate hot tubs and she goes, "Wait, you know the story about me and dad and the hot tub, right?"
[cue sub story:] So dad meets mom and is intrigued, while mom doesn't care much because he's "not her type." (I have documentation, don't worry) So dad invites mom to go to the hot tub at the place they live called University Villa and she kind of agrees to go but figures that there would be so many girls there so she doesn't go. Meanwhile, dad goes down to the said hot tub to wait for mom for quite a while but she never shows!
mom: "Well, he still came after me, didn't he!" hehe.
So back to my story. I finally meet the bro and we make it over to his apartment to meet up with his people for the hot tub.
me: "so are we just going to the one in your apartment complex??"
him: "No, we like to do tub hopping.. this week we're going to the one right over there in University Villa"
me: "WHAT!? no way!" [cue sub story for the bro]
hahah. so there I sat, in the hot tub where 25 years prior my dad had sat there waiting for my mom.
Dad, thanks for going after her again.

So I have a girl from camp this summer that I keep in touch with pretty much every day and she's been trying super hard to get me to meet her brother. So of course, that'd be fun.. I like meeting new people. So long story short, he got my number and we started talking to set up a time to meet etc. We decided to make a smoothie (which ended up delicious, btw) and then we'd go hang out w/ his people at the hot tub. Naturally, I called my mom right away to tell her about the plans we made and hope that she's proud of me for being social (hehe). We were talking about how we both hate hot tubs and she goes, "Wait, you know the story about me and dad and the hot tub, right?"
[cue sub story:] So dad meets mom and is intrigued, while mom doesn't care much because he's "not her type." (I have documentation, don't worry) So dad invites mom to go to the hot tub at the place they live called University Villa and she kind of agrees to go but figures that there would be so many girls there so she doesn't go. Meanwhile, dad goes down to the said hot tub to wait for mom for quite a while but she never shows!
mom: "Well, he still came after me, didn't he!" hehe.
So back to my story. I finally meet the bro and we make it over to his apartment to meet up with his people for the hot tub.
me: "so are we just going to the one in your apartment complex??"
him: "No, we like to do tub hopping.. this week we're going to the one right over there in University Villa"
me: "WHAT!? no way!" [cue sub story for the bro]
hahah. so there I sat, in the hot tub where 25 years prior my dad had sat there waiting for my mom.
Dad, thanks for going after her again.

3 comments:
Oh, that was so sweet. I'm glad he came after me, too. But for the record, I never did tell him I'd meet him at the hot tub. I knew right away I would never go. But I also had a sneaking suspicion he'd come find me at my apartment later that night--glad he did!
cool story!! I want your smoothie recipes! I am running out of originality up here.
So...how did the hot tub date turn out??? details, girl!
yeah, I want to know how it turned out too!
Post a Comment