Saturday, August 1, 2009

More Camp Stories

This week I had a lovely group of volleyball players, ages 15-16. We had a lot of fun. But here's some funnies:

1. Devotional time, we're all gathered in my room doing the girl talk thing after the dance when I get this question (warning if you're my age, it'll make you feel old... if you're older than me, it'll make you feel really old.) :

(with excited eyes):
"So Alex, tell us a story from your glory days!" ha!

me: "Geez! How old do you think I am?!? Honey, these are my glory days!"

Maybe you had to have been there to think it was that funny, but it kinda gave me a reality check on how old I am and how high school was so not glorious for me. These girls are SO much cooler than I was.

2. I was sitting in my dorm about 12:30 and getting ready for bed when I heard some movement. "Great, someone's either pulling a prank or sneaking out." So I go investigate and I see this lovely on my door:



And who can argue about having a better summer job? nobody.

3 comments:

K. Lou said...

you are wonderful. even if you don't think you were as cool as you really were in HS. and even if you think that last statement is false. LOVE the Alex before us!

Lizzie Woolley said...

I like the theme of this blog.

marilyn smith said...

You make everything fun!