Thursday, December 17, 2009

To those of you who wish you were still in college.....

I love college. I'm so grateful for my opportunity to be here and have fun while I'm learning.

BUT

If you ever wish you were back where I am, come read this and it may give you a different opinion:

So, finals week. Worst. Week. Ever. (Read this again if you doubt me: http://funniesandlovelies.blogspot.com/2009/04/ive-recently-found-theres-something.html)

So as of last night I had just one more final to go: Anatomy. I was feeling pretty good about it and thinking I'd be fine, but I double checked my recalculations for what I had to get to be okay. To my horror I found nothing but pressure and worry. The BL (bottom line) is that I had to get exactly 140 out of 160 questions right in order to keep my grade at exactly an A- so that my GPA would be exactly 3.73, so that I would qualify for my scholarship again. UM... pressure!

LSS (long story short,) I studied my brains off then took the test. I counted all the ones I wasn't 100% positive about and there was 24. That meant I had to have lucky guessed on 4 of those... to keep my scholarship. AHHH. the walk to the scoreboard was the longest ever.

Turns out, Heavenly Father is pretty amazing and was watching out for me so I didn't have a stomach ulcer by the end of that stressful walk. I got 144 out of 160- 90%


So doesn't that make you feel better? YOU don't have to go through that.. ever again.


But don't we just have the loveliest campus?? I got to study next to this view today:

1 comment:

K. Lou said...

Hooray that your finals are over and that you didn't bomb your Anatomy one. You really shouldn't psyche yourself out like that before taking a final. Of course, it is exactly something i would do--so I am a complete hypocrite be even saying so. BUT because I am 10+ years removed from the college scene, I guess I qualify to give unwarranted advice. kind of.

You rock! good job! Isn't it just the most freeing feeling?