Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Are you LDS?"

So today I remembered another camp story that I thought is worth sharing... plus more, so get excited.

It was our last night together for Ballroom Dance camp and we were all sharing our first kiss stories, etc. A lot of the girls mentioned something about being 16 (or NOT being 16) and then one girl quietly asked,

"So what is it about this 16 thing you guys keep talking about?"

all of us: "oh, um, wait, you dont know about it?"

one brave girl: "wait, are you LDS?"

the girl (confused): "Um, I don't think so!?"


haha then we told her that LDS and Mormon are the same thing and we gave her a little missionary lesson on not dating before you are 16. It was neat to hear these 15-16 year old girls share their mini testimonies about obeying the prophets and keeping their standards. Those girls were so strong.

man, I'm thinking I should change the name of this blog to "What I learned from camp this summer and all the boring stories about sports and dance camps that I think people care about."

Any votes on whether I should??

2 comments:

K. Lou said...

heck no! I like Funnies and Lovelies! Plus--isn't that what a blog is all about?? your thoughts on your life with added bonus pictures once in awhile. Keep 'em comin'!!!!

marilyn smith said...

I love the name of your blog. It fits your pefectly.