So a few days ago was our Women's Soccer Tournament hosted at our very own soccer field. As you may have heard, We had a pretty ugly one-sided catfight against a New Mexico player who absolutely mutilated our players. She was the dirtiest player I have ever seen and watching the video still makes me furious. (see it here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4629837)
All I have to say is good thing I wasn't there or I would've beaten the crap out of her. But really all I wanted to say was I'm so grateful for the BYU team and coaching staff for showing so much class. Surely they've had their own "discussions" about it, but to the public all they said about the game was this:
"It was a very tough game, very physical," Payne said. "They wanted it as badly as we did but we were able to get the goal. It was a close game but no one thought that would be the only score to go in."
Thank you BYU, for not making this a huge deal (as I surely would if I were in any way connected to BYU women's soccer).
I love BYU.
2 comments:
Ya, I would have probably retaliated back too. What were the refs thinking????
I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be yanked to the floor by my ponytail... But it gives me a headache just thinking about it. Good job to BYU for handling the situation well. And love you Alex!
Post a Comment