I've recently decided that I can definitely wait to be a mother... I had an experience with my twelve "daughters" that made me sick to my stomach with worry.
Exhibit A:
So I was walking to the creamery and telling my girls about this drink called Purple Stuff:

Basically its this stuff they sell at the BYU creamery (and any other leading convenience stores.. i looked it up) and it is called a "calming elixir." Its just supposed to make your body and mind calm and focused. So, I just told them about it. We got to the creamery and immediately found the said Purple Stuff. And of course since its 3 for $5, they had to buy some. So 7 or 8 of my girls purchased some and we took it home for later. Later that night the girls were hyper and crazy and thought how fun it would be to try the purple stuff. So they drank it during devotional and after came up and, half laughing/half loopy, told me that their heads and arms were twitching! One girl couldn't stop moving her head. My eyes went wide.
There wasn't much to do but send them to bed hoping that they were just tired and it was making their bodies act a little different. I woke up the next morning to go check on my girls. I hoped V's door and all I heard was a quiet: "Alex?.................."
Crap.
She's sick and its all my fault. Lo and behold, the next thing she said was, "My eyes are swollen"
me: "I'm dead meat."
She said she wasn't feeling any more symptoms other than extreme tiredness so I let her sleep in a little longer and she ended up getting up and ready for dance practice, feeling fine.
I immediately rushed up to the cafeteria to check on my other girls who had drank the evil stuff.
me: "Hey, are you guys okay? Are you sick at all?"
M: "I woke up with this huge headache this morning"
me: "are you serious?" (I'm so dead.. I gave my girls a hangover!)
M: JUST KIDDING!
me: "I hate you. Don't do that to me again."
So before I make this blog post much longer than it should be, turns out V had to stay home all day because she was feeling stomach sick and headache sick. I felt so awful, but I figured all the drink did was amplify her already-existing tiredness and told her body to rest. She slept all day and woke up feeling great. So, moral of the story:
1. Don't trust anything that has the word "stuff" and "elixir" in it's name... at least not when dealing with your 14-16 year old girls who you've adopted as daughters.
2. Don't tell anyone if something like this happens to you or every counselor and kid goes around chanting, "Alex drugged her kids!!!!" and "Alex gave US drugs!!!"
3. Wait to be a mom until you're ready to take on the mental stress of dealing with your child's health.


Exhibit A:
So I was walking to the creamery and telling my girls about this drink called Purple Stuff:

Basically its this stuff they sell at the BYU creamery (and any other leading convenience stores.. i looked it up) and it is called a "calming elixir." Its just supposed to make your body and mind calm and focused. So, I just told them about it. We got to the creamery and immediately found the said Purple Stuff. And of course since its 3 for $5, they had to buy some. So 7 or 8 of my girls purchased some and we took it home for later. Later that night the girls were hyper and crazy and thought how fun it would be to try the purple stuff. So they drank it during devotional and after came up and, half laughing/half loopy, told me that their heads and arms were twitching! One girl couldn't stop moving her head. My eyes went wide.
There wasn't much to do but send them to bed hoping that they were just tired and it was making their bodies act a little different. I woke up the next morning to go check on my girls. I hoped V's door and all I heard was a quiet: "Alex?.................."
Crap.
She's sick and its all my fault. Lo and behold, the next thing she said was, "My eyes are swollen"
me: "I'm dead meat."
She said she wasn't feeling any more symptoms other than extreme tiredness so I let her sleep in a little longer and she ended up getting up and ready for dance practice, feeling fine.
I immediately rushed up to the cafeteria to check on my other girls who had drank the evil stuff.
me: "Hey, are you guys okay? Are you sick at all?"
M: "I woke up with this huge headache this morning"
me: "are you serious?" (I'm so dead.. I gave my girls a hangover!)
M: JUST KIDDING!
me: "I hate you. Don't do that to me again."
So before I make this blog post much longer than it should be, turns out V had to stay home all day because she was feeling stomach sick and headache sick. I felt so awful, but I figured all the drink did was amplify her already-existing tiredness and told her body to rest. She slept all day and woke up feeling great. So, moral of the story:
1. Don't trust anything that has the word "stuff" and "elixir" in it's name... at least not when dealing with your 14-16 year old girls who you've adopted as daughters.
2. Don't tell anyone if something like this happens to you or every counselor and kid goes around chanting, "Alex drugged her kids!!!!" and "Alex gave US drugs!!!"
3. Wait to be a mom until you're ready to take on the mental stress of dealing with your child's health.


2 comments:
ha nice
this is one of the most entertaining posts i have ever read! haha love ya alex!
Post a Comment