So one of the things to do on my bucket list (yes, I have one in my journal) is to run a 10k marathon (hey, that's a lot for me). But I'm taking baby steps... starting with the Rex Lee Run that I ran on Saturday. It was a 5k around the campus. They do this race every year as a way to raise money for Cancer in honor of a former BYU President, Rex E. Lee who died of cancer. It's a really big event. Big enough that I got 1037th place..... (those suckers just got lucky).
Runners can run for a cancer patient specifically, but since I'm not on top of it enough, I didn't realize you could until the race. So I pretended in my mind that there was a little paper that said, "In honor of Rich Hill", my uncle who is fighting cancer right now. That definitely helped me keep going.
So I ran it (the whole way!) and right at the finish line puked my guts out. I know, I know.. that just means I need to get in better shape.. but everyone else said it means I ran hard. I'll take that.
Also, I'm lame enough to have forgotten my camera... that's so not like me!... but nevertheless, it was so fun and I'm totally going to train for the 10k next year so I can cross something off of my bucket list!

4 comments:
Good job, cous! You are awesome! Thanks for the jamba ideas, too.
That's awesome Alex!
Woohoo for the Rex Lee'er! That was my very first race too.
If I may recommend it, I recommend the Freedom Run on July 4th there in Provo for your 10K. Oooh, it's a good one...it finishes going up 9th East, so that's a bit of a HARD THING (read: awful!), but it is so fun. I actually got my fastest times in any race at that one. So -- yes, do it!
Or not. But good job anyway on the 5K.
Good job Alex! That's awesome. Maybe we'll have to go running sometime. :)
Post a Comment